- Bullish Argument in trading community: Stocks are cheap because of zero interest rate environment.
- Rates remain low in the U.S. because it is our financial overlords’ belief that our economy can NOT handle higher rates, plain and simple....Dan Nathan
- US economy is doing well. Private payrolls in November grew by 208,000 according to the latest report from ADP
- The best-performing emerging-country equity markets this year are India, Egypt and Qatar. This is how Indian market looks like
- How much India has performed? The Wisdom Tree India (EPI) ETF is up 33.2% this year while the MSCI Emerging Markets Index is down 0.7% year to date ending Nov. 30.
- INR has done pretty well this year especially when you consider how much Dollar index has appreciated this year. 1 USD = 61.91 INR
- Thanks to Narendra Modi and Reserve Bank of India chairman Raghuram Rajan, India is the global fund managers favorite emerging market....Kenneth Rapoza, Forbes Columnist
- HSBC Global Research lists India and Indonesia as examples of reforming nations, in a fresh note, and recommends long positions in India’s 10-year government securities (Gsec) and Indonesia 15-year government bonds (IndoGB).
- Sun TV made a big move yesterday. Many might see this as bottom. Technically, the stock continues to be avoid. Avoid means we don't know what will happen.
- When a stock with questionable fundamentals/technical structure rise like crazy, one should just avoid it. See what happened to Balrampur Chini.
- South Indian Bank finally made a big move from its support base. I covered the stock on Nov 26
- When in doubt, stay out. Bharti overall pattern is Bullish but the way - it's circling at 100 dma - you never know what's next
- Focus Area: The BSE Mid-Cap index rose 1.39%. The BSE Small-Cap index gained 1.64%.
- Shares of construction companies surged after the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) issued a notification announcing relaxation of foreign direct investment in property development and construction sector. Technically, most of the stocks in the sector are in mess. I doubt this notification will change that
- If you are not comfortable with sector, then pattern does not matter. Example: Real Estate sector does not look good. HDIL forming double dip support at 200 dma is of no use. The sector is avoid
- Profits are a function of trend. Trend is a function of time. The more time, the more opportunity for trend, the less risk reqd to benefit.
- Amtek Auto: The stock is looking good for two reasons: 1. Volume surge; and 2. Bullish Consolidation
- Container Corp has been one of the Bullish stocks this year. The stock recently corrected to 100 dma. Is this a buying opportunity then?
- Turnaround in Godrej Properties for real?
- Patterns can break and that's why there is something called stop loss. Agrotech Foods broke down below 100 dma yesterday and chart is not looking good.
- Most of the Bearish patterns fail in Bull market. Example: Stocks Break down and then recovery very quickly
- False Breakdown: First Source witnessed False Breakdown. One day it cracked 200 dma and then very next day bounced back with 11% rally.
- HEG is at 200 dma: The stock looks technically very attractive at 200 dma. The only issue: stock is not very liquid.
- Gujrat NRE Coke is in Secular Bear market.
- Risk takers should know that 1) Losing money is not "bad luck", but effort. 2) Blowing up is not "bad luck" but incompetence....Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Read Previous day Market Observations: Tracking Dollar Index
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers