- When everyone sits on the same side of the boat - then chances that boat will overturn is fairly high.
- This is how Nifty has declined over last 5 days
- When Nifty corrected last time - the decline got arrested at 20 week ma. Will it happen again? The 20 week ma as of today stands at 8091.
- INR has been very calm so far but can it remain this way for long. 1 USD = 61.91 INR
- Global panic: Chinese stock market tumbled 5% on news that Govt has barred lower rated bonds as collateral for some short-term loans. Greek stocks tumbled 11%. The screen is looking red globally
- US Fed meeting on Dec 16-17 now becomes significant
- You need to analyze the big picture first & then develop a system that aligns with your understanding of it
- USD Index has turned volatile near breakout point and Gold seems to surging ahead...fear? Gold at $1230....hmm little confusing
- When market takes a turn for the worse, it's then you realize which are the vulnerable sectors.
- The Defensive sectors are back: FMCG, IT and Pharma. Vulnerable: PSU Banks
- Bharti Telecom is at 200 dma. Will Buy the dip crowd show some courage? A bounce here will attract buying
- Stocks generally fail to swim against the tide. Crompton Greaves succumbed below 200 dma on Tuesday
- Amtek Auto continues to consolidate...will it able to rally higher
- ONGC post breakdown below 200 dma seems to be finding no support
- Never get stuck in False Breakout. Ambuja Cement first did a good range expansion by breaking out but then quickly slipped back in the range. It turned out to be a false move.
- Tata Global: Stock that never makes a move. On downside: it gets support at 150-154 and on upside: there is resistance at 170
- DIA Power: What a dramatic sell off
- Sometimes the best trades are not the winning ones that put money in your pocket; sometimes they are the ones that get you out of the market at the right time
- There is a big difference in buying weakness in healthy stocks pulling back to levels of support vs buying weak stocks
- Carerating Credit Analysis and Research: The stock is at 100 dma and bulls will be praying for bounce
- Bull market stocks are buys on pullback. Does that make Petronet a Buy?
- Japanese economy in recession: Japanese economic growth in the third quarter showed a decline of 1.9%, above last quarter's revised contraction of 7.3%. Problem: Declining business investment
- US economy is doing well: Job openings at U.S. workplaces jumped up to 4.83 million in October, reaching close to the highest level since 2001
- One learns the most from mistakes, not successes.... Paul Tudor Jones
- "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." - Miles Kington
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers