- You cannot control the market, but you can control - how you react to market moves
- When in doubt stay out. There is always another trade
- Just remember: What happened to bottom catchers in Oil. Experts have been calling bottoms in Oil since price was $90. Now it is less than $60. When markets start declining, there is no point calling a bottom or finding a reason.
- Valuation: As per one analyst - the 2014 earnings estimate of S&P500 is at $119.25. The 2015 EPS forecast is $128.25. So, it means valuation argument is on side of bulls
- US Fed meeting is on Dec 16-17. It's almost certain Fed will try to calm the markets..like don't worry about rate hike
- It is not the fundamentals that moves the market. It is how people perceive that fundamentals over next 12-18 months that moves the market
- 1 USD = 63.62 INR
- How long and deep Nifty correction would be? Nifty is right at 50 dma. The 100 dma on Nifty is at 8048.
- Nifty got big help from HDFC on Monday. The stock bounced 5% from 100 dma. I covered the stock in my previous day market observations.
- No such bounce came on Tata Motors stock. Bulls now hoping against hope for a bounce from 100 dma
- Bank Nifty continues to be strong. It is still trading above 20 dma. Can it sustain above 18157 because any selling below it will trigger more downside
- Frontline Large cap IT stocks are near long term moving average support. But buy the dip crowd appears hesitant to buy at current levels
- The move in KPIT stock was for real. The stock now at 200 I covered KPIT on Dec 07, point no. 15 This is what I said- KPIT has been stuck below 190 for entire 2014. What does the big volume move last week signify – Breakout on cards?
- Is NIIT Tech about to break down on weekly chart? Can this be turning point - wait till end of week
- BPCL is a Bullish stock and it means: the stock is buy on dips. The big question: Where is that dip - 200 dma i.e. 580
- Strong and Bullish stocks are great buys at 200 dma. Will UPL follow this trading rule? The stock should hold 295 on closing basis
- Momentum Initiation in SREI Infra: A stock made a big move last week. If it does not slip below 48 - one can expect another big move in next few days.
- McDowell is trading near all time high..sign of more strength to come
- India’s trade deficit widened to a 18-month high at $16.86 billion in November as imports rose at a much faster pace than exports. Exports rose just by 7.27% to $25.96 billion, while imports increased by 26.8% to $42.82 billion.
- Shinzo Abe won a huge mandate on Sunday but it did little to cheer up the Japanese market. The market was down 1.5%
- Russia says GDP will decline 4.5% in 2015 if oil stays at $60 level.
- Baltic Dry index (The Shipping Index) now down to 845, about half where it was just over a month ago
- The emerging market fund is now down 8.3% for the year.
- In markets, instead of prediction - it is the conditional thinking that works – if this happens, then this is what I am going to do
- All opportunities in life are created because people are uncertain about almost everything in their lives.
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers