- Traders do not trade markets, they trade their beliefs about the market.
- One of the reasons why Indian market has not corrected a bit over last many weeks and months: Bulls Maintain Conviction Edge Over Bears.
- In markets, everybody is in chasing game. When prices go up - price targets are revised upwards and vice versa. We pretend that we know what market is going to do next, but we really have no idea.
- What works in the market: Trends, provided you can identify them and stay with them despite short term turbulence.
- Long term trend starts with a small breakout. This is Apollo Hospitals breaking out above 300 in 2010.
- The most important news story of the next 20 years is something nobody can even contemplate today. I don’t think there’s ever been a time in history when this wasn’t true
- One of the primary drivers of the US bull market — share buybacks and dividend payouts. As per some estimates, management teams have dedicated nearly $900bn to buybacks and dividends over the past 12 months
- Bullish Argument: Stocks are cheap because Interest rate is zero. Here's how Fed fund rates have moved over last many years
- One Breakout everyone seems to be watching: Dollar Index above 89. Dollar Index as of now trades at 88.27
- 1 USD = 61.91 INR. There has been massive compression in volatility. Is INR ready for big move?
- Ambuja Cement seems to be stuck in a tight range. Keep an eye - it's ready for big move any day now. If it pulls back - then 210 will be interesting support area
- Capital Goods stocks rallied like crazy yesterday with ABB, Siemens and Bharat Electronics as top gainers. Will Crompton Greaves also join the party?
- In Capital Goods space: Punj Lloyd also saw big move from 200 dma. Will there be sustained move?
- L&T has been trading quietly for last many days.
- Bharti after circling around 100 dma has broken down. It seems 200 dma is the destination
- KPIT has been stuck below 190 for entire 2014. What does the big volume move yesterday signify - Breakout on cards?
- Patel Engineering on Momentum watch.
- Indian market is on relenltess upmove but look at the Brazil market..
- RBI is doing a great job fighting inflation. Look at Brazil: Despite a slowing economy Brazil’s Central Bank raised interest rates to combat inflation
- Emerging market and especially BRIC is broken. Brazil Russia struggling while India and China doing good. Here's MSCI EEM Chart
- State of Investors: Venezuela is the new Zimbabwe, Argentina the new Venezuela, Brazil the new Argentina, and Chile the new Brazil .
- Brazil is broken but not China. Here's Chinese market
- Have you seen Brent Crude Weekly chart. (Reason: US proven oil reserves last year rose to their highest level since 1975)
- "There are a lot of different inputs that can affect a decision, and there are no universal decision rules." - Richard Driehaus.
- Most of us are "too small" to impose our will on the market. Accept the market for what it is, not what you want it to be
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers