- So goes January, So goes rest of the year! S&P500 lost 3.1% in January 2015. Should bulls get worried?
- Recent History suggests otherwise: The S&P 500 declined 3.43% in January 2014, before closing up more than 11%. And in 2010, the S&P 500 closed down 3.82% in January, with the index closing up about 12% on the year
- All this makes no sense. Remember Warren Buffet quote:"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians."
- Why are we so obsessed with failure? People have been waiting for the next collapse since the day after the last collapse.
- Technically, everyone is watching 1990 on S&P500: Will it hold or break? US market delivered a solid bounce from lows
- Bullish Argument: Low yields makes it relatively more attractive to hold stocks.
- What sparked a rally today in US market? - debt settlement proposal between Greece and the European Union...really
- The contest is on between strength in US economy and strong dollar which is damaging US Corporate earnings. There is real pessimism on Q1 2015 earnings
- Prices are derived by perceptions and that’s why they always look ridiculous to logical and rational people. Prices are like emotions. Do you find other people’s emotions rational
- Chinese market has pulled back quite sharply from 3400. That's why one should keep a close eye on resistance
- Coming to Indian market - Here's the Nifty daily chart
- The intraday pattern was very disturbing today. After a long time - market saw selling into the strength. Look at the Nifty intraday chart
- Fund Flows: FIIs net sold shares worth Rs. 630 Cr on Feb 2 (PROV); DIIs net sold shares worth Rs. 224 Cr on Feb 2.
- Tech sector saved the day with some decent moves in frontline stocks.
- On Feb 03 - RBI is going to announce monetary policy. The Money Market response: 10-year bond yield has declined to 7.66% lowest since July 2013.
- Keep an eye on Bank Nifty.
- IDFC - Prebudget move. The stock is approaching a key resistance area of 185- will the stock breakout?
- BEML has broken out and sustained above 870 for days now. The stock looks good for solid upside. (Every long position should be protected with stop loss)
- Turnaround Trade to keep an eye on: Sintex. The stock has strong support at 100 and looks like have huge upside in 2015
- News: Delta Corp : Rakesh Jhunjhunwala buys 25 lk shares in company. Will this news help Delta cross over 118?
- Will Advanta take off after earnings?
- ETF is now the preferred asset class. U.S. ETF industry assets are now at $1.974 trillion. Net inflow into ETFs amounted to $240.8 billion in 2014
- The charts are like x-rays that shows the internal health of the market and it is important to pay close attention to them
- The biggest problem in charting is wishful thinking. Traders often convince themselves that a pattern is bullish or bearish depending on whether they want to buy or to sell.
- Don't trade on opinions or predictions. Trade based on what the market ACTUALLY does
ChartSource: Chartalert.com [Indian Stocks]
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers