- The market is a mystery to nearly everyone — including professionals.
- Is rate hike in US off the table? The Jobs data does point to that. Friday's non-farm payrolls report showed US labour market added only 142,000 workers in September, well below expectations of a 201,000 gain
- There is Global rally underway and people have their own theories.
- The most bullish thing a market can do is GO UP
- Nifty made a huge MOVE and now once again above 8000
- On October 05: FIIs net bought shares worth Rs 650 cr whereas DIIs net bought Rs 366 crores worth of stocks
- There was this video I made on September 08 titled "Bad days over for Global markets" on logic that Nifty will hold 100 week moving average
- Now a month has passed and Nifty has done well to hold 100 week moving average
- Technicals have a logic of its own and yes it works lots of time
- Tata Motors: Bearish price action overdone? Well, today's buying and news flow does suggest that. The stock was up more than 6% on news of strong JLR sales in the United States and medium & heavy commercial vehicle sales in September.
- “Cheap” and “Expensive” are relative terms in the stock market. Stocks are cheap or expensive for a reason.
- Ashok Leyland, expensive stock, has been outperforming over a year now. Fundamentals now justifying it. Ashok Leyland has sold 51000 CVs in 1HFY16 compared to 33000 vehicles it sold in 1HFY15.
- 1 USD = 65.16 INR
- IT Industry is "well on track" to grow from USD 132 billion in FY 2014-15 to USD 225 billion by 2020 and further touch USD 350 billion by 2025. ~ a Nasscom-McKinsey report
- TCS stock now for long time trapped in a range between 2350 and 2800
- Strong stocks are buys on pullback near moving average. UPL has pulled back to 50 week moving average. Will it hold?
- One sector there is tremendous momentum: Mid cap Pharma
- Technicals work as long as they want to work. Torrent Pharma keeps bouncing from 100 dma and I covered it in my last notes
- Torrent Power: Can it break past 180-185 levels?
- Government is making serious attempts to reform Power sector and fix the losses of state SEBs. Market seems to be taking note and one can see rally in REC, PFC, PTC
- Interesting price action on Tanla Solutions
- Every Bull market throws new Leaders and new Ideas. Well, this Bull market has thrown - 8K Miles Software - player in Cloud computing
- Always keep an eye on China and the level 2850
- Bubbles are preferable to Value Traps, because one is based on real price action whereas the second is just based on pure hope and intellectual theory
- People are not naturally rigorous logicians and statisticians. Unfortunately, analysts believe they are.
ChartSource: Chartalert.com [Indian Stocks]
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers