- Everyone, well may be not everyone, but certainly a lot of people have been worried about market and economy. Is Fear discounted in price?
- Will S&P500 break the wall of Fear at 50 day moving average today?
- The Federal Reserve will not raise interest rates any time soon because it has fallen into the trap of following the market, rather than leading it....strategist Komal Sri-Kumar
- Impact of Zero Interest rate policy: US companies have borrowed lots of cash at low interest rates and used that money to repurchase shares, thus boosting EPS. Hence, Valuations always look attractive
- This is how Nifty closed today on October 07. You can call the day as Bullish consolidation
- On October 07: FIIs net sold shares worth Rs 50.6 cr whereas DIIs net sold Rs 218 crores worth of stocks
- This is how Nifty has done over last one year - gone nowhere...lots of sideways trading
- Fundamental Talk: Corporate revenues are likely to grow by a meagre 1.6 percent for the quarter ended September, which will be the fifth consecutive quarter of single-digit growth ~ Crisil Research
- Fasle Breakdown: There are times when stocks breakdown below a well established support but then make a violent comeback above the support...creating a strong buying action. Is Bharti Airtel doing the same - re-establishing support of 340?
- One Large cap stock that seems to be finding lots of buying in this rally: Reliance
- Does this qualify as breakout? - Reliance Communications. Technically almost there. Any sustained buying above 75-76 means massive momentum
- Why there is huge interest in metal stocks? Short covering...difficult to guess. Hindalco making a 9% move but remember stock is in huge downtrend
- This is what happens when market does not like earnings or earnings guidance. HCL Tech witnessing bearish price volume action
- Perfection has no role in successful trading. No one can buy at the absolute lowest price and sell at the highest price
- International Paper seems to be bouncing between the range. Is stock ready to move up again?
- Is there some bargain hunting happening in Real Estate stocks? DLF has come out stronger in last 3 months..will this mean more buying?
- Value Traps: Companies with poor management and businesses without sustainable competitive advantages are prime candidates for becoming value traps. ~ Ambit Capital
- Godrej Properties appear as the best play in real estate sector. The stock today broke out
- DQE = Play on Animation Sector. Technically, the stock looks very bad but with market looking for new speculative ideas...you never know
- Sun Pharma Advanced at 200 dma...will the stock take off?
- Conventional Wrist watch going out of fashion and one can see that trend in the stock: Fossil (the company that makes the watch)
- China slowdown now impacting companies that do business in China. Yum Brands (KFC + Pizza Hut + Taco Bell) have come out with warning on sales growth from China
- Have Chinese suddenly stopped buying cars? This is what one survey says...
- When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion….Dale Carnegie
- Some Logic you can never fight....
ChartSource: Chartalert.com [Indian Stocks]
Do you like reading Market Observations and don't want to miss it - then Like our Facebook Page. Market Observations will show up on your facebook timeline.
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers