- Stock rallies typically don’t die from too much skepticism.
- How about cup of Coffee?
- Here's US market closing at all time HIGH. You can hate this but Price on the screen is the fact.
- The New Target on S&P500 by some Technical Analysts: 2400. The argument: The continued disbelief in the market rally is a bullish sign.
- Simple Bullish Argument: The Earnings Yield > Govt Bond Yield. The market has a firm belief that interest rates will remain low for long long time
- Investors are buying bonds for capital appreciation and stocks for income. The world has turned upside down. ~ said James Abate.
- Pro Easy money Shinzo Abe won elections in Japan and that helped Global markets to rally more. Abe's Victory = Time to Short Yen? Yen sharply weakened today
- This is how much Yen has weakened in 2016.
- There is a reason why Japanese Yen is called Safe Haven trade?.
- BREXIT looks like an old story now. The June Jobs data (+287000) has changed the sentiment for now.
- How does the job number change the Fed outlook? – The market is now pricing in a 25% probability that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates by the end of the year—up from 12% a day ago.
- After Strong Jobs data - the next big thing: Earnings Season. The truth is, earnings are still pretty lousy but Bulls are hopeful of turnaround
"The current US earnings recession will not end in 2Q." - Goldman
— Sam Ro (@bySamRo) July 10, 2016
- Earnings Recession: S&P 500 earnings in the second quarter will fall 4.7% vs. a year earlier, the fourth straight quarterly decline
- Good start to US earnings season
- Amazon became the fifth largest U.S.-listed company by market value today. The top 4 companies by market value are: Apple, followed by Alphabet, Microsoft and Exxon
- "RISK ON" rally crowd does not like Gold. It likes Silver. I covered Silver rally few days back.
- Look at SILJ, ETF that invests in small-cap and microcap silver mining and exploration companies - is up 4x in CY2016.
- Never take your eyes off China: The country's foreign exchange reserves rose in June by $13.4 billion. [China has been quietly devaluing its currency without causing too much turbulence in the financial markets]
- Good News for India
- Twitter wisdom.
- Do you like State of the Market Website. Please support it. Purchase the Video Book - Science of Stock Price Action and get full access to all the additional content for 6 months.
Caffeine makes you more open-minded to viewpoints that contradict your own.
— What The F*** Facts (@WhatTheFFacts) July 11, 2016
The first 50-year bond with a negative yield is finally arrived.
— Morris Cabrioli (@insidegame) July 5, 2016
— (((SoberLook))) (@SoberLook) July 11, 2016
— Bloomberg Markets (@markets) July 11, 2016
Oil falls to 2-month lows https://t.co/hVCNGWi5TD
— FXStreet News (@FXstreetNews) July 11, 2016
As traders we have opinions, as good traders we don't stick to those opinions.
— Robert Dunn (@TraderGoalieOne) May 12, 2016
Do you like reading Market Observations and don't want to miss it - then Like our Facebook Page. Market Observations will show up on your facebook timeline.
Please share your comments on what you think of market observations, market and trading in general
Disclaimer – The state of the market notes is Deepak’s perspective on the market. The column is purely for educational purpose. Nothing contained herein is a solicitation to trade or a recommendation of a specific trade. By reading this publication you agree to make no trade relying in whole or in part on the comments of the writers